You may spend a lot of time outside with your dog. Whether you are taking the animal for long walks, visiting the local dog park, or even playing frisbee outside the home, you must remember to think about your dog’s paw pads. When the temperature is scorching outside, the pavement can easily cause your dog to burn its paw pads, causing an undeniable amount of discomfort for your beloved pet. While you may assume that you would need to keep your pet indoors when the ground is hot, there are ways to protect your dog’s paw pads while still having fun outdoors. You may want to consider using some of the products below.
One way to protect your dog’s paw pads is to have the animal wear the Ultra Paws Durable Dog Boots. These boots are designed to provide the maximum amount of protection to dogs and their paws. You can find them in three different color options, including shades of black, orange, and red.
- Assorted sizes are available to conveniently fit the paws of both small and large dogs
- Boots easily glide on a dog’s paws, making it easy to get them on and off without frustration
- Comes with a convenient velcro strap that allows dog owners to keep the boots strapped on
- Great to use in different types of weather, including hot days, snowy days, and even rainy days
- Composed of durable and flexible materials that will not irritate the animals
- The price for these dog boots may cost up to $46.95, which is a bit much for some dog owners
The Ultra Paws Rugged Dog Boots are an excellent way to protect your dog’s paw pads from the burning ground on those hot days. If you want to make sure your pet does not suffer while going out for walks or visits to the dog park, it is worth investing in these dog boots. They are easy to put on and provide the protection that dogs need to have.
When looking for an affordable and convenient way to cover your dog’s paws and paw pads, you can always use the Pawz Disposable Booties. These booties come in a variety of colors, including blue, red, green, and black.
- The cost of the disposable booties is less than $12
- Disposable booties are waterproof and may be washed and reused if need be
- Protects during both warmer weather and colder weather
- Easy to glide on your dog’s paws
- Does not come with a strap to keep the booties from sliding off when the dog is running around
- May need to be replaced much more often than a pair of durable dog boots
While there is no strap attached to these disposable booties and they might not last as long as the more expensive dog boots, the Paws Disposable Booties are still a great product to purchase for your pet. If you do not want to spend a large amount of money on protective wear for your dog’s paws, but you do want to offer the necessary protection, these booties are a top choice.
If you do not think your dog will like wearing booties, you can always use an alternative option that involves applying protective wax to your dog’s paws and paw pads. The Musher’s Secret Pet Paw Protection Wax is a must-have for dog owners.
- Composed of only natural waxes that will not irritate the paws
- Contains essential vitamin E that is naturally good for dogs
- Can be applied to a dog’s paws and paw pads within seconds
- Does not have a strong or bothersome odor that would annoy your pet
- Protects against the hot ground on hot days, but also offers protection during the cold weather
- Available in several different sizes
- May get a bit messy on your hands when applying it to your dog’s paws
- One 200g container will cost you around $21
Despite the cost of a container of the Musher’s Secret Pet Paw Protection Wax, it is still a great product to have around the home. Not only is it effective at protecting dogs’ paw pads from experiencing discomfort while walking and playing outdoors on hot days, but it is also a great product to use during harsh winter months when there is a lot of snow, ice, and rock salt on the ground. A small amount can easily go along way, which makes the price worth it.
If you want to take your dog for walks on days when it is hot outside, make sure you have something available to use to protect your dog’s paw pads. You have plenty of options to choose from, including durable booties, disposable boots, and even a topical wax.